Windows 11 – Organizational Messages preview NOV-2022
A new corporate Windows 11 feature called “Organizational Messages” is now in beta testing. It allows scripted training messages & other individually tailored notifications to be received
Microsoft Previews Organizational Messages for Windows 11 Users — Redmondmag.com
As many organizations embrace the hybrid work environment there’s an increased need to connect with employees. With organizational messages, you can leverage Microsoft Intune to configure and send branded messages to help people learn about their organization or ramp up for new roles. You can also notify users about organizational updates and trainings. Messages can be delivered just above the taskbar or in the Windows notifications area to keep users informed of important information—or in the Get Started app to support people onboarding to a new device. We initially shared details about this new capability at Microsoft Ignite in October and today we’re excited to outline what features are available today in the public preview:
Organizational Messages – Key features
Organizational messages provide the following capabilities in public preview:
- Enable always-on device onboarding messages to help people ramp more quickly within your organization. Choose from 12 message types and create personalized versions from your organization for the Get Started app.
- Reach people during work on their device with important information updates. Choose from 7 message types and create personalized messages from your organization for the Taskbar area and Windows notifications.Upload your organization’s logo for branded messages.
- Deliver people to a custom destination URL for each organizational message.
- Offer messages localized in 15 languages (with admin preview) that are displayed in a dark or light theme depending on user settings.
- Schedule a time window and frequency for the delivery of the taskbar and notifications area messages—or set a message to always appear in the Get Started app for users onboarding new devices.
- Select who can see a message by assigning it to Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) user groups.
- Track the status of the organizational messages you’ve created as well as user engagement (count of message views and engagement).
- Cancel scheduled or active organizational messages.
- Configure a new Intune built-in role for Organizational Messages Manager, or Azure AD built-in role for Organizational Messages Writer, honored in Intune, option to allow select organizational admins to manage and configure messages.